Friday, August 26, 2016

The Reasons I Cry

I had a long drive today because my orthodontist is a few towns north of where I live. I was in the car, listening to music, and I started daydreaming. I am a vivid daydreamer, from years of experience in high school science classes. I am also PMSing. In the past, when I have been PMSing, I have cried for what some people would deem diculous reasons… sad commercials about dogs on TV, giving people compliments, and even a scene from a comedy show that wasn't supposed to be that heartfelt at all (in the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt show, when her friend is getting married, and she is upset because the groom is gay and there's nothing she can do to stop it). 
Well today, when I was driving, I started thinking about what my parents would say if they were giving me wedding toasts. And yes, I cried. I think the orthodontist was afraid that something horrible had happened (yay discounts!). My parents have very high expectations set for them now, if I ever get married.