Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Slumber

I was visiting my friend and her family, planning her wedding that's set for November. It felt like being a kid again, sitting in the living room with her dad in charge of the remote to the television (Television! Pff! So '90s).

While my friend and I gabbed about decorations, my friend's dad drifted off and began to snore. There's something about the way peoples' chins drop when they're sleeping upright that gives even the most dignified people drooling expressions.

While he slept, clutching the remote to his chest, Antique Road Show blurred in the background. After several episodes, my friend's brother said, "Why is this on?" which prompted my friend's father to stop snoring and contribute with a resounding "I HAVE NO IDEA" before continuing to snore with the next breath.