Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Consequences of Resourcefulness

The other night, I went to a barbecue and my glass was continually filled, so I got pretty tipsy. I walked back to boyfriend's house, and he changed my phone password and distributed the contents of my purse onto the floor of several rooms. I decided to wait until I was sober enough to drive and deal with everything, and fell asleep until until 2:30 a.m..

At this point, I decided to just sleep there, but my eyes were killing me because I hadn't taken out my contacts. I went to the bathroom and found some extra contact solution, but I needed a container. I looked through the medicine cabinet and found an empty bottle of Pepto-Bismol. I took off the lid, which had a little bit of pink residue on it. I washed it in the sink, and then stuck my contacts in there for the night. 

The next morning, my contacts were swimming in a little pink pool of solution. Apparently I hadn't washed the lid thoroughly. I put them in, and they felt fine, but they made my eyes glow pink. I thought the color would hopefully fade and I could clean them when I got home. It wasn't that noticeable. 

"Good morning. How did you slee--OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR EYES."

It was a little noticeable.