Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Polyamory

My boyfriend acts like a child around his friends. It's sometimes endearing. Sometimes. Other times, I want to punch him in the face. Lately, he's been taking advantage of my lack of observation and handing off his phone to his friends to answer when they're hanging out together. I don't know why my brain has difficultly distinguishing my boyfriend's voice from the others.

"Hello, Spencer!"

"Hello."

"[blah blah blah, my day] Do you want me to get you anything before I come over?"

"Beer."

"Okay! Sounds good! I'll see you in a bit. I love you!"

"Okay." [hangs up]

Not realizing it wasn't my boyfriend, I go into a rage. Why wouldn't he say he loves me? How rude and unprovoked. I'm not even going to pickup beer. That'll show him. I almost immediately get a call back from him. I almost don't answer, but I give in right before it goes to voicemail.

"What?" I spit venomously.

"What the hell? You love Eric?!" Now I recognize Spencer's voice.

This was the third or fourth time this has happened with different friends. Now, whenever I'm annoyed at Eric, he asks me if I remember telling him I loved him.